Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Yom Kippur Prayer For Jews who are “Proud to be Ashamed to Be Jews”

Chesler Chronicles � A Yom Kippur Prayer For Jews who are “Proud to be Ashamed to Be Jews”

The night before Erev Yom Kippur and I am overwhelmed. There is so much information -- both factual and rhetorical -- about the ME conflict that trying to mine through it all to arrive at ways to say what I want to say is tonight beyond me. So I just offer Phyllis Chesler's 'prayer' which doesn't get close enough to uncovering what it is that makes Jews anti-Zionist, but it will have to do. For now.

I encourage my readers to click on my reading list for a smörgåsbord of news, anecdote and analysis from folks who have more experience harnessing all the stuff that's out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so kindly keep it clean and respectful. All racisms -- including anti-Muslim hate speech -- will be denied a place here, as well as terms like Nazi used to designate anyone other than an actual living or past member of a Nazi or neo-Nazi organization.